Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Feedback Appreciated… launching a new site design!

• # November 14, 2008 at 1:13 pm

I’m looking for some constructive criticism of my website. I’m hoping to use it for job apps as well as a basic blog about my life & interests.

http://www.luckynlexi.com

thanks!

Megsies007

# November 23, 2008 at 8:03 pm

I’d Say give it some color not just black. Perhaps define things more like your sidebar. It looks just like the rest of the text Give it some color or put a box around it.

# November 24, 2008 at 4:07 am

The splash page you first go to gives a feeling of a bright site, and when you enter it, it is quite the opposite. Then from there it looks incomplete at the top. I’d incorporate some sort of continuity with it all.

# November 25, 2008 at 3:52 pm

I think the hover over the images and them moving is extremely distracting, I would make the images a bit darker then on hover have them lighten up more.

the splash screen does not suit the actual site, why have it?

go straight into your site……

plus if its all about dogs, is black a good scheme to keep? sorry I would not do it, I would have some background images to try out or a cartoony type background, something fun loving about dogs.

ik

# November 29, 2008 at 2:33 pm

I think that if you have the images move when you hover is too jerky, I think using jQuery or mooTools to smoothhly slide it over would make an improvement.

# December 4, 2008 at 2:35 pm

Thanks so much for all the feedback! once my finals are through i’m going to work on sprucing things up a bit and work on some of the suggestions! I really appreciate everyone who’s taken the time to check out my site and post replies!

oh and the splash page will def be coming down.. that’s leftover from the old design. my browser skips it so i completely forgot it was up there. oops…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".