Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Feedback and suggestions

• # August 21, 2010 at 6:00 am

I have not posted in awhile but I would appreciate some feedback and suggestions.

This is going to be a WordPress theme, my first experience.

Here an image of a site I am still creating in Photoshop.

http://www.gbs-ncnw.org/gbs.jpg

Looking to see if you agree with the color scheme I used and suggestions on how to style the content area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

# August 21, 2010 at 4:06 pm

I like the look of it, for the most part, but I do have some suggestions (and a question). My main issue is with the space between the header stuff and content. As the skyline is partially faded out, it looks like it is just meant to be background, but there’s nothing in front of it. I would suggest moving your main content area up some, and maybe moving the skyline image up a bit too, behind the headline. Plenty of whitespace is usually a good thing, but I think you’ve got just a bit too much here.

As for the content area, I think it looks fine; it’s nice, clean, and simple. I think that maybe the shadow you have on the right of the “Mission, Officers, etc.” tab is a bit dark, especially in comparison with the lighter drop shadows you have in the content section. Maybe you could lighten it up some? That’s kind of a minor thing though, but it kind of jumped out at me.

I would like to ask, what is the significance of the orange band and the grey-blue box backgrounds for your navigation, behind “About” and “Photos” respectively? Are they just two possible states? I’d be better able to comment on them if I knew how they would be used in the live site.

Hope this feedback is helpful!

# August 21, 2010 at 9:26 pm

WCMiller, thank you for the suggestions. I have applied them. I moved the skyline and content area up to remove some of the whitespace. I also toned the shadow down on the submenu.

The orange band on the menu is the active state, and the blue box is the hover state. I should have explained this on my initial post.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".