Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Featured Content Slider

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    pkdang

Just wondering if anyone has used the Featured Content Slider? When it auto-plays. I notice the first slide takes a lot more time to move then any other slide. Does anyone know why it happens?

jfreehill

I would blame it on one of two things: either you’re perceiving it to be longer because it’s the first slide or it is actually taking longer because it has to wait for the script to load before it starts doing anything. The CSS should decide what it looks like initially but the script (which usually takes effect after the page loads) is what will make it start going through the content, so I’m thinking it’s the latter case.

ForfeitReality
    Participant

It’s neither – when I change the load time to 1 second, all of them play for 1 second except for the first, which plays for 2. When I change it to 4 seconds, the first one plays for 8 seconds, so it’s always double.

It happens on the original download as well, so it must be in the basic coding and isn’t unique to any particular website. Has anyone figured it out?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.