Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Featured Content Slider- First Thumbnail Askew

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dags

Hello folks. On the tutorial page for the Featured Content Slider (https://css-tricks.com/creating-a-slick- … nt-slider/) someone mentioned the particular issue I’m having . . . so I’m hoping there’s an easy fix floating around that I just haven’t been able to pinpoint in my many internet searches.

The first thumbnail in my slider refuses to align properly with the rest. Of course that’s my take on it, after about 3-4 hours of twiddling with everything (but the JS) and not being able to manipulate it in the slightest. There’s a great chance I’m missing something obvious, but I honestly cannot figure it out. I rebuilt my entire slideshow into the downloaded demo files and it worked there, but put it in my page framework and no-go. It inisists on sitting higher than all the others.

http://www.exchangehj.com/indexTESTwithSlide.html

Disclaimer- this is my first fully css developed site, i’m just now coming over from the dark side of tables and spacer gifs. don’t kill me. Additionally, since this was the third rebuild and plug into the page some other details have been skipped – the show is certainly not up for public yet, with the exception of you guys.

Many, many thanks for any help, and let me know what else you would need to help? It’s a fail in Firefox 3.6.3, IE 8, and something else entirely is wrong with the thumbnail in IE7

dags

anyone? do I have this in the right place??

Dr3

I got it to work by adding this:

.cross-link {
    float:left;
    }

Might take some more tinkering. From there.

Looks like you need a cms :D

dags

Thank you Dr3! I’ll tinker with that. For some reason my slider-wrap, although set at 419px (or 500, depending on how far I’m deviating from the demo at the moment), seems to think it’s 1563pxs wide . . . though that’s only in dreamweaver, it displays within the 500px in browser. Being css green the distortions in Dreamweaver scare me, though I’m not sure how much I’m supposed to worry about them.

CMS definitely. Hopefully a custom PHP solution will come around soon, but the $$ quotes were not doable if they had to redo the entire framework and design also. The current site is table/spacer LADEN. I’m doing my best to recreate in divs, I’m at about hour 100 and you can see how far I’ve gotten :) My own fault for ignoring css layout all these years, but I’m a horse trainer by trade! :)

…. Chris, if you come around here . . . I’m in Chicago (think you are too?) and might contact you about the php solution if that’s something you do?

dags
    "Dr3" wrote:
    I got it to work by adding this:

.cross-link {
    float:left;
    }

Might take some more tinkering. From there.

Looks like you need a cms :D

Can I just say you’re the bomb?? I know that’s such a cheesy saying, but that solution totally worked. Thank you, thank you, thank you. That miniscule offset has been plaguing me for hours.

dags

I’m back!

Any tips for fixing the thumbnail in IE7?? Turns out 37% of our audience is still on this dinosaur (you wouldn’t believe the numbers still using IE6, sigh)

The slider works great now in FF, Chrome & IE8, but that darn thumbnail is misbehaving still in IE7

http://www.exchangehj.com/indexTESTwithSlide.html

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.