Hi all, just doing a quick survey for a side project and would like to know the following
Number 1 is the most important so the rest are optional
1. Gmail (Sparrow looks promising, though)
2. It was quick to setup with my work/personal email and I literally get 0 spam messages.
3. Same as above
4. I have a lot of communication in my emails (sometimes going 50 deep) so it would be nice in someway if I could search through them easier if I need to.
2. Push email on iPhone
3. Push email and syncing between Mac, Web, PC, iPhone, iPad
4. Push email sometimes totally doesn’t work
Well actually, to be very honest….it sucks. But the push notifications do it for me. If GMail would offer push on iPhone, I’d use that right away.
2. loads quickly, moves quickly, and links actually work when you click them. (sorry, comparing it to hotmail in my head)
3. the stuff in #2, plus what others have said–no spam, easy access, etc.
4. i really wish there was a more obvious way to sort by unread messages than the syntax in the search bar that even right now i can’t remember, and will probably have to google later (omg, it’s a conspiracy!!!11one). also, when they first implemented the new layout, it looked to me like a site with a missing stylesheet or something, just unfinished and stupid. i’ve since gotten used to it.
I don’t NEED them really, but the thing is, they all have their purpose:
– iCloud: because of the push notifications
– own IMAP: required to send email with my @senff.com address
– Yahoo: where I sign up for all newsletters and stuff
– Hotmail: is my Live Messenger ID, some of the people in my Messenger list use that to reach me
– GMail: same but for people who have me in GMail Talk/Google Chat
OK now that I wrote all this down, this looks ridiculous. :-/
I’ll check the GMail pushy thing. Although the thing I want/need most importantly, is to be able to send mail using my @senff.com address as both the “send as” and “reply to” address. Let’s see if Gmail can do that ;)
Push is enabled on my iPhone (I think this is a “all-accounts” setting, not “per-account”) but when I send a message to my Gmail, I don’t get a push notification. when I send to my iCloud, I immediately get notified. So it’s not iOS failing here, and GMail just doesn’t do it.
Every time I try to figure this out and make this work, I am reminded why I keep giving up. ;)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".