Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Faster website development

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mformatt

I’m tired of writing web pages from scratch eg.

<html> … <head> .. <body> ..

I am wondering if some more experienced coders here can recommend some tricks to go from PSD to website much faster.

Eg. using CSS frameworks to minimize bugs, using Jquery to minimise javascript development. I’m not experienced enough to notice the patterns yet .. i’m wondering if Chris uses some templates when he starts to developing or does he really go from a blank .html doc

mformatt

What about CSS frameworks .. a few extra kb – but fast accurate positioning ? eg. amazon.com – where the hell would you begin ? :)

mikes
    pauldavis
    "cybershot" wrote:
    I think everyone has templates. I have templates that have all the code in them all ready. they include the doctype, css links, jquery links. so all I got to do is open it up and add the code for the body. I don’t think there is a faster way.

I’ve only been coding from scratch for 2 months, if that, and I already have a standard HTML, CSS and PHP site that I jut edit to suit the client.

Jonz

I usually go and reuse alot of my css scripts instead of re-writing it. Like if I had a 3 column site i’d copy that part of the css from another site i did a 3 or 2 column layout in and just tweak it to fit.

I’m trying to do like psd2html the 8 hour coding thing.
    I’ve been trying to code in a new fashion (for me) by placing all the <div elements in the html first then styling them.

Its proving to bring some difficulties but I’ll keep on working at it :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.