Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS fancy link

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    djpic
    Participant

Here is my problem / goal. I have table cell (the standard td). I can make it so when they hover of course, the color changes, which is what I want, but I also want to make it a link. Is this possible? The solution must work in IE8.

I thought about just making anchors all the way across then using the table type in CSS but that does not work with IE8.

Any ideas or insight you would be great.

Thanks.

Miker

Hi djpic,

If I understand correctly, you want to make a table with anchor tags, and if you hover over your links, or over your td, the links change.

All you need to do is use: “td:hover a{}”. You can see an example of this on the following link: http://jsfiddle.net/dmdjM/1/.

jstam

Miker is exactly right about how to get to the anchor to style it in CSS. But if you want the anchor to bleed to the edge of the parent table cell to give the effect that the entire cell is the “button” then you’re probably looking for something like this: http://jsfiddle.net/jstam/NfHRC/

djpic
    Participant

Miker,

That is what I was thinking of trying to do. But the opposite. When hovering over the cell, the link and cell are active. That was my first guess on how to get it to work but now I see with that how it should be defined.

jstam,

Perfect. That is exactly what I wanted and then some. I need the link to fill the table cell, so when you highlight the cell, it is also the link. I am going to give your solution and try and see how well it works with what I am trying to do.

Thanks to both of you!

I do have one question, what is the difference between a and a:link?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.