Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Fading menu — can’t get more than three to work

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ehoffm03

Hi there-
    Using the fading jquery menu/content code from here:

https://css-tricks.com/learning-jquery-f … g-content/

Works great (LOVE the effect), but I can’t get more than three to work (the demo had three) and even though I’ve renamed things and matched up with button name with the content div names, the content divs past the first three don’t appear. Or if someone knows of an easier way to get this effect, that’d be awesome too. Thanks in advance!

Code pasted here (and if you want to see it in action: http://lizhoff.com/bpoint/services.html)

javascript:

Code:

Electrical Inspections
    Pipe Inspections
    Mechanical Inspections
    Roof Moisture Inspections
    Energy Conservation
    Boiler Efficiency
    Steam trap Inspections

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Mauris tempor, urna quis tincidunt consequat, dolor urna gravida sem, id malesuada risus tortor imperdiet quam. Integer ipsum ipsum, volutpat sed molestie non, pharetra vitae elit. Mauris tristique eleifend magna, accumsan consequat ante rhoncus sed. Sed pellentesque enim eu nibh congue vitae aliquam nisi sodales. Quisque eu lectus ac quam laoreet elementum sed et leo. Morbi tristique ante blandit nisl porta faucibus.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Mauris tempor, urna quis tincidunt consequat, dolor urna gravida sem, id malesuada risus tortor imperdiet quam. Integer ipsum ipsum, volutpat sed molestie non, pharetra vitae elit. Mauris tristique eleifend magna, accumsan consequat ante rhoncus sed. Sed pellentesque enim eu nibh congue vitae aliquam nisi sodales. Quisque eu lectus ac quam laoreet elementum sed et leo. Morbi tristique ante blandit nisl porta faucibus.

Many thanks!
    Liz

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Hi Liz,

It looks like you only have three boxes of content to appear… ? The fourth button is supposed to show the Roof div, but I can’t find it… (The Jquery probably can’t find it either.)

It looks like the code you pasted is different then the code on the site.

The code you pasted has a little bit of a </div> problem. It looks like you ended a div before you should have. make sure you validate your HTML.

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1 … r-url-here

Let me know.

ehoffm03

Haha it WAS a <div> problem. I had closed the #page_wrap too soon. Thanks!

AshtonSanders
    Participant

No Problem. Glad that fixed it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.