Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Fading CSS Gradient?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    NoizyCr1cket
    Participant

Hi. I am trying to make a css gradient fade to a different color gradient. I didn’t use a background image because I know you can’t fade those, but can you fade a gradient?

Here’s a test page to show you what I need to fade: http://www.gchiller.com/gradient-fade
    (The gray border is just to show the rollover area, it won’t be there in the final product.)

chrisburton
    Participant

I think what you might be looking for is `box-shadow`.

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@NoizyCr1cket, would you want to try a JavaScript way of absolving this problem?

NoizyCr1cket
    Participant

@ChristopherBurton : I’ll check that out

@John
    : Sure, if it works and is relatively simple.

NoizyCr1cket
    Participant

@ChristopherBurton : I tried recreating the size of the gradient using box-shadow, but I can’t seem to get the sizes right. Could you please help? The original gradient is 12px wide.

chrisburton
    Participant
    JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@NoizyCr1cket,

Is there some kind of event that fires the ‘fade’ for the gradient (hover, click, mousedown, etc)?

Otherwise Chris got it by adding the box-shadow.

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

Ok, i totally was misunderstanding what you were wanting, glad these guys could help ya out. And i never really thought about my name with the underscores before, thanks for the heads up

NoizyCr1cket
    Participant

@ChristopherBurton, thanks! I got it working with transitions.

@John
    , Sorry, I decided to use the box-shadow method. But thanks anyway!

P.S. Not sure if you already know this, but, since your username has underscores on both sides, when I try to @ it, it makes it italicized so I have to just use “@John”. No big deal.

Taufik Nurrohman
    Participant
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.