Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Fade in / fade out

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    begetolo
    Participant

I’ve tried various javascripts to accomplish a very ‘simple’ task, but i can’t get it to work. I hope one of you can help me.

I have a simple mySql database with oneliners. I would like to show these oneliners in a random order with a fade in / fade out effect with a timed interval.

Do anyone of you have a (simple :D ) solution to do this?

gr. Bert

Jonz

I’m not really skilled at all in mysql, php or even javascript but maybe you can use jQuery the fade function is pretty simple.

And I think you’d have to put some sort of switch div or w/e as well after the fade

uba

You can create an array in JavaScript with all of the one-liners that you want to show and then write a function that gives you a random number using “Math.random()” but make sure that it does not gives a number greater or smaller than your arrays length. After that just use that number and get the text on that index in the array. To fade it in & out you can use jQuery which is very simple.

uba

I am glad to be of any help, for jQuery all you need to do after including the main jQuery script file in you html is to write something similar to this:

Code:
    var $objTimer = “”;

window.clearInterval($objTimer);
    $objTimer = window.setInterval(“doFadeInOut()”, 5000);

function doFadeInOut() {
    $(“#element”).fadeOut().queue(function() {
    $(this).html(“new line goes here”).fadeIn().dequeue();
    });
    }

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.