1) nav hover ‘arrow gif’ works when css is embedded. as in here: http://www.rondewilde.com/index-dots.html
but when i use linked external css it fails, as in here: http://www.rondewilde.com/index-linked.html
what am i doing wrong? and even when it’s working, ideally i’d like the arrow to line up just outside the flush right list and not cause the copy to indent. be nice to know the right code for that…
2) also…. the version ‘index-dots.html shows ‘dot.png’ for background in safari only. how to fix for other browsers?
3) additionally, and this i just gotta fix: the wrapper div, spec’d as relative position, is static in IE. the div just gets thrown to left margin. any help is appreciated.
1) If this is your internal stylesheet:
Then your external (which is situated within a sub folder) should read
2) I didn’t see the dots.png in any browser. (I tried firefox, chrome and safari)
3) I would recommend that you validate your html properly before trying to work out IE quirks. http://validator.w3.org/
Thnx Jamy. Getting same feedback. It’s a learning curve thang. I realize now I need to do the footwork with the basics, ie. validation, etc. before any refinement.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.