Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Entry Form

• # August 22, 2009 at 12:30 am

I am starting out learning about WordPress and found one item I am either not looking in the correct place for or not describing it correctly in my searches.

I am looking to create a page that will be password protected, I have that, but when the correct user gets to the page I want to have a few data entry fields the user can fill items in and save to the database for future pull back reference.

I need to find out how to do both , create a form for data entry and how to create a page to pull it back when needed.

Can anyone let me know if there is a plugin or tutorial for this type of thing. Thanks

Matt

# August 23, 2009 at 4:54 pm

I am sure you know that wordpress works on databases. You need to teach yourself how to make the form and then use the php to create a database, write in the info and then use a loop to connect to the database and retrieve the inforamation. There are all kinds of tutorials for this. Just google them. there are even stickies on this site with tutorials on this matter. One cheap way to learn php is by using lynda.com . For 30 bucks a month you can have unlimited access to all kinds of video tuts.

# August 24, 2009 at 4:15 pm

Thanks cybershot. I was looking for any types of plugins there might be or widgets. I will keep looking or starting brushing up on it as you suggested. Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".