Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Embedding last WP posts into HTML

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Maddrax

Hi folks,

It´s already late here so maybe I am just being stupid. Would be cool if you could help me with my problem.

I read this great tutorial: https://css-tricks.com/build-your-own-social-home/ and it worked out perfectly well with Twitter, however, I want to do the same with my latest WP posts. I know that WP does not have native JSON support, so I guess there has to be a way around. I bothered google for quite some time but couldn´t find anything that suits my needs.

To specify what exactly I want:

1) I want the last three blog post titles to appear in a div specifically created for that matter in my footer.

2) I want just the title, name of the poster, and date.

3) I want to be able to style title, poster and date seperately.

My site structure is similar to that page: http://nettuts.s3.amazonaws.com/472_appSite/index.html unfortunately this tutorial doesn´t show how to embed WP ;)

Would be cool if you could lend me hand with the code, or how you guys worked your way through it. Maybe it´s just damn simple, but you know how things are sometimes…you just don´t see it.

Thanks a lot
    Maddrax

TheDoc

So… you have a website that is built on WordPress and you’re looking to display the three latest posts in the footer?

Sounds like you just need to run a WP Loop to me… If this is correct, I’ll move this into the CMS Forum as you don’t need any JavaScript!

Maddrax

Hi,

It´s a little different: One site is a blog and the other side is staticly coded with html/CSS. And I want dynamic blog posts to be embedded on the static HTML website, like I did with the Twitter Feeds.

Maddrax

Anybody able to help me please?

Thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.