Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Email Notification

• # August 14, 2008 at 8:10 pm

I don’t get email notifications of replies to my posts. Do you?

box
    # August 15, 2008 at 4:42 am

No :) But if you click the ‘Notify me when a reply is posted‘ checkbox, then you might ;)

# August 15, 2008 at 3:49 pm

Even if you do click that box though, you still don’t get emails. Which… really sucks. I have tried looking into this but I have had no luck at all. If anyone has any ideas, or even troubleshooting steps I could take, I would be super grateful. That would be a really nice feature if it actually worked.

# August 15, 2008 at 4:35 pm

the only way I have ever seen this fixed is to move the site to a new server. Like it could be a problem with your host. I have a website that was moved to a different provider and once I moved it, I started to get email notifications.

# August 18, 2008 at 8:24 pm

This problem also happened with another forum I used not to long ago… which version of phpBB is this forum using?

I remember someone found a link that said there was a bug with forum notifications iirc (i think it was) at some point… and a fix was promised for 3.0.2.

edit:
    i just checked and it turns out 3.0.2 was released on 7/10/2008 (10/7/2008 i think for you Americans). Chris if you are not using that version perhaps try and upgrade and see if it will fix the problem?

# August 30, 2008 at 12:38 pm

make sure that box was cheked or you can chek your contacts questions On you ,,My Network Q&A” AND MAKE SURE YOUR EMAIL IS SET TO PUBLIC TO RECEIVE AN EMAIL NOTIFICATION

# August 31, 2008 at 7:36 pm

I am using version 3.0.0. Time to upgrade I guess! I have this on my to-do list now, so I’ll let you know how it goes. This would be fabulous if it fixes the email notification problem.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".