Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Email Characters

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    AlCapone
    Participant

Hi, I’m trying to validate a form but I don’t know which characters are aloud in email addresses. Chracters like & , <, >, / all of the not letter or number characters – are they aloud?

Many Thanks
    Chris

apostrophe
    Participant

What about Girls Aloud? :D

This should help http://www.remote.org/jochen/mail/info/chars.html

AlCapone
    Participant

Um, I dont know, what about them?

Thanks for the reply.

Chris

apostrophe
    Participant
    Quote:
    Um, I dont know, what about them?

Never mind. Apologies. English is obviously not your first language so I shouldn’t make fun.

AlCapone
    Participant

Lol, born and bred in milton keynes, england…..

apostrophe
    Participant

Dyslexic? :D

Quote:
    allow v. [?’la?] allowed ? allowing ? allows

1. 1. To allow or plan for a certain possibility; concede the truth or validity of something: “I allow for this possibility”; Synonyms: take into account.
    2. 2. To allow the presence of: “We don’t allow dogs here”; Synonyms: permit.
    3. 3. To give or assign a share of money or time to a particular person or cause: “I will allow you this sum for your research”; Synonyms: appropriate, earmark, set aside, reserve.
    4. 4. To grant as a discount or in exchange: “The camera store owner allowed me $50 on my old camera.”
    5. 5. To let have; to grant permission: “Mandela was allowed few visitors in prison”; Synonyms: grant.

AlCapone
    Participant

ohhh i get it now lol – well i origionaly wrote aload – but didnt look right :?

rollydudez
    "apostrophe" wrote:
    Dyslexic? :D

Quote:
    allow v. [?’la?] allowed ? allowing ? allows

1. 1. To allow or plan for a certain possibility; concede the truth or validity of something: “I allow for this possibility”; Synonyms: take into account.
    2. 2. To allow the presence of: “We don’t allow dogs here”; Synonyms: permit.
    3. 3. To give or assign a share of money or time to a particular person or cause: “I will allow you this sum for your research”; Synonyms: appropriate, earmark, set aside, reserve.
    4. 4. To grant as a discount or in exchange: “The camera store owner allowed me $50 on my old camera.”
    5. 5. To let have; to grant permission: “Mandela was allowed few visitors in prison”; Synonyms: grant.

thanks of sharing me about this Email Characters, now i know something new here.. :D

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.