Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other EMAIL BLAST WITH VIDEO PLAYER

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    drotar
    Participant

designers & programmers,
    I’ve just been offered a situation to see if there is a way to build an html5 email blast which includes an autostart video. i was wondering if anybody knew of a service that offered this?
    I’ve looked at StreamSend and BombBomb so far…. does anyone have any insight to other options? Is there another service you recommend. the more creative i can get with the html and css would be great. even if i can’t get autostart, i would love to know my options. your input would be greatly appreciated…thank you!

Paulie_D

email blast which includes an autostart video

I can’t think of anything more likely to make me put the email in a Spam folder than an autoplaying video.

Playing of media should always left to the discretion of the user / recipient.

Ever visit a website that starts playing music without being asked?…Annoying isn’t it?

Same thing here.

https://www.campaignmonitor.com/resources/will-it-work/video/

THE VERDICT
    Avoid video. Video only works in Apple Mail. If you absolutely must have moving images, the only reliable solution is to use an animated GIF.

http://kb.mailchimp.com/campaigns/image-videos-files/add-video-to-a-campaign

drotar
    Participant

Paulie,
    as you know, i think you rock. this email blast is for a major broadcaster who’s clients sign up for these services. i have nothing to do with except get it to work if it is possible. so far i have not found such a service. your insights are always greatly appreciated as always!

Paulie_D

See updated post with links above.

drotar
    Participant

like i said, you rock!

d

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.