Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS eCommerce in 2013

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    realph
    Participant

I’d love to hear what your platform of choice would be when building an online store in 2013.

The store will be selling physical and digital items and needs a relatively simple backend. Personally, I’m pretty familiar with WordPress (WooCommerce, Jigoshop and Cart66), Magento and Shopify. Is there anything new out there that’s worth trying? It’s also worth noting that I’ll need something that’s easy to scale when the time comes.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance!

jurotek
    Participant

There’s plenty of info on that already. Just search FORUMS.

mjf

I’m trying out Spree which is an open source rails app…unfortunately don’t know too much about it but seems to be a big community behind it so far.

realph
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestions. Looking at between 10-30 items to get going.

@deeve007
    Thanks for the heads up, I’ll steer clear of Joomla and Virtuemart. I’ve been meaning to get familiar with Kirby, I’ll have to give it a try. do let me know if you find something suitable for Kirby.

@mjf
    Never heard of Spree, so I’ll look into that. Thanks!

I agree with @deeve007 on woocommerce for a smaller number of items (sub 200). WordPress is easy to use and woocommerce just integrates so well into the backend and w/e front end theme you decide to use.

My biggest complaints about most ecommerce as CMS solutions are their lack of modulation and horrible file structures if you ever wanted to customize anything (remember zencart, I still have nightmares).

realph
    Participant

@will_wallace85 Haha, yeah I’ve heard many horror stories of Zen Cart. WooCommerce seems pretty easy to integrate.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.