Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other eCommerce and Streaming Video Resources

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    seansean11
    Participant

Hey Everyone,

I’m working on a client site right now, and they sell DVD’s through an online store. They’d like to be able to also stream purchased DVD’s that they sell through the website. I think that they would like that the videos be only available while logged into their account online (no downloads).

Someone mentioned to me that it’s a major pain hosting your own videos (he cited SeƱor Coyier).

Does anyone know of any tried and true solutions? or paid/free services that work well?

Thank You,
    Sean

seansean11
    Participant

Thanks for your response. The copyright shouldn’t be an issue (I believe) because they are the right owners and creators of the videos.

I’m not sure if they are willing to dish up a large sum of money for the project though. This definitely looks like a feasible option (although might require me to learn a bit more about how to secure the library). Given the fact that they may not be willing to dish up the money for this option, do you know of any other good alternatives?

Thanks,
    Sean

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.