Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS E commerce website issue [woo-commerce]

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    yrsengar

Hi guys,

I am working on an E-commerce website for the first time and facing little bit of problem. After a few days of research i decided to use woocommerce plugin with WordPress of-course ;) (my fav CMS).
    Basically what i want on the website is…. 5 main menus (main categories) and they all will have sidebar with subcategories listed in it.
    Something like: [Please refer this image…](http://yogeshsengar.com/images/website.jpg “website Image”)
    When you click on main menu, a page with all the products related to that specific main menu will come up and if you click on one of the subcategory links in the sidebar, then it should only show subcategory products instead of all the products. So basically subcategory menus in the sidebar will work as a filter.
    If anybody have worked on woo-commerce I have couple of more questions :)
    Any help would be greatly appreciated…

happy Easter!!!

Gingerbread

Happy easter to you, too! I have not used Woocommerce yet, sorry, I found a really great “new kid on the block” plugin for e-commerce. It’s called ‘Jigoshop’ and is free. It is really neat, but I think the navigation is on the right, not left.

Sorry if I can’t help you more than this, but at least I tried. :)

yrsengar

@Gingerbread Thanks Man!!! Much appreciated :)

This is not the most perfect solution for this puzzle but it did the trick for me, this is what i did
    First, i created some product subcategories and listed each subcategories in different pages with short-code

and then i made all those subcategory pages child of the main category page.
      And used a WordPress code in the sidebar to list all the child pages of it.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.