Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

E-commerce Suggestions?

• # May 2, 2012 at 7:22 am

Hi guys,

I was wondering if a few of you would be so kind as to list some of your favorite ecommerce solutions.

Our client linked this as a similar website to what they’re looking for. What CMS would you guys suggest for this size ecommerce website? goodwoods

They don’t have to be free/open source, though that would obviously be welcomed. The easier they are to theme would also count as a plus :)

I’ve only dabbled in WP-Plugins for ecommerce, to be honest I have tried hard to avoid ecommerce sites for the most part. Many clients lined up requiring just that, so I thought I better get into it.

Any suggestions or help is highly appreciated, as always.

# May 2, 2012 at 7:30 am

Check out WooCommerce.

# May 2, 2012 at 11:11 am

I have only used a handful, but the one I liked the most was Magento. Although it was difficult to learn how to theme, once I understood how everything worked it got easier and easier. Mainly because it has two parts, the template (layout and structure) and the skin (styles and appearence) so you can change only one of those parts and make a huge difference in the design. It is also tiered so that if you only want a new skin to change one CSS file, everything not included in that skin will default to the default skin for your site.

# May 3, 2012 at 1:47 am

Thanks for the suggestions, I’ve heard a lot about Magento, people seem very split down the middle with it. I hear it’s very resource intensive and bloated from some, others say it’s comprehensive and amazing. I will definitely look into it.

Since I use WordPress religiously, I would love to keep things integrated, I guess I have just had bad experiences with them so far. WP-Ecommerce left a bad taste in my mouth unfortunately.

Either way this weekend looks like it’s going to be full of testing and learning… beautiful. :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".