Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Drupal

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mshort

Does anyone here use Drupal?

I’m trying to create a custom node.tpl.php file. but drupal isn’t recognising that its there.
    I’ve tried refreshing the theme, i’ve tried deleting the cache, I’ve made sure that i’m putting it in the correct directory.

nothing seems to work, so if anyone has any ideas that’d be great. thanks

Jesse
    Participant

I ran across this earlier today in my search for some drupal info…

http://sixrevisions.com/web-development/getting-started-with-drupal-a-comprehensive-hands-on-guide/

TheDoc

Hey @mshort – unfortunately I think you’ll find we’re a pretty WordPress heavy forum. If nobody comes to your rescue here, hopefully you can find some help elsewhere!

Chuckles

I know this post is a bit old… but I’d hate to just let it be without throwing in my 2 cents. Make sure you’ve created a default node.tpl.php file before creating a custom one. If you don’t, the custom tpl won’t be recognized, and it will leave you with a headache from banging your noggin against the desk for the next couple hours (first hand experience).

JoshWhite

I’ve really considered diving into Drupal and doing a ton of notes and some screencasts to catalog the journey. I really have had a hard time finding good resources and it might be a neat thing to have a real basic foundation somewhere on the web you can easily access. Sigh… I just need some time lol

Paulie_D

Lynda.com has more than a few courses on Drupal and they’re pretty good even for a complete CMS novice like me.

Drupal was incredibly complex for me coming from a pure HTML/CSS arena but once it clicked (especially ‘views’) it just flew.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.