Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Dreamweaver CS5 and WP themes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tobeeornot

Hi,

New to wordpress so please bear with me. I also posted a question earlier but the situation has evolved since then.

I am using WAMP as a testing server and Dreamweaver CS5 as a text-editor to manipulate the files.

I have successfully set up a live local connection between WAMP, WP and DW and can view the live index.php file from the wp-admin folder after using the ‘discover’ the dynamic files on dreamweaver.

My problem is that if I select the index.php files in the themes folder, I get the following error message and the link is broken:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_header in C:WAMPwwwwordpresswp-contentthemestwentyelevenindex.php on line 1

This also happens with the blank theme I inserted and the same error is evident.

Is this because the activated theme is already being displayed dynamically in the wp-admin folder, and I am causing a conflict by going directly to the themes to edit the files?

Would be grateful for some feedback.

Essentially I want to change the blank theme to build a custom wp site.

steveorevo

Neither WAMP or Dreamweaver is aware that your template file is WordPress related. Consider DesktopServer Premium, it’s the only web server that enables WYSIWYG “Live View” directly on theme files in Dreamweaver. It’s meant for professional theme designers (disclosure: fee based solution, skip to 4 minutes 40 seconds):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bCTbjoBWa8&t=4m38s

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.