Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Do you promote your website?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    JamesBarnsley
    Participant

Do you promote your website? If so, how?

Do you get links from other sites / business directories?

Do you write a blog?

What are the method you use to promote your website and which methods are the most effective?

chrisburton
    Participant

I personally don’t. Most of my traffic comes from various places but mostly Dribbble. The whole exchanging links does not work for SEO. A blog would be a benefit. Just ask @joshuanhibbert.

cre8tive1

James,

You absolutely want to promote your website if you want it to generate leads or sales.

Fresh content is one of the most significant things you can do to help your site rank better. From my experience, adding about 2000 words of new content every month, spread out over numerous blog posts is highly effective at catching the attention of the spiders from the major search engines. That being said, your content should be relevant to your website and much more focused on education, helpful information, mentoring, etc. that about your business.

LInks pointing to your site are highly valuable IF they are the right kind of links. As Christopher mentioned above, links from Dribbble to his website would be highly informative and in turn relevant. In contrast, links from business directories are much less relevant and not really worth spending any time on.

So — create new, fresh, relevant, informative content regularly — and a lot of it — and your website will generate more leads/income for you.

Jerry Ross

My site is really only a blog, but it gets a fair bit of traffic, so I think that a blog would certainly help you.

JamesBarnsley
    Participant

“That being said, your content should be relevant to your website and much more focused on education, helpful information, mentoring, etc. that about your business.”

Surely that kind of content though will only attract html / css coders and not customers?

chrisburton
    Participant

Not necessarily, @JamesBarnsley. If you’re producing informative content that attracts developers, it can lead to sharing which in return can land you a job or produce sales depending on what your content is about.

JamesBarnsley
    Participant

Whoops forget this post.

My4ECGI7p19Y

Of course, I promote my website. My work has no worth at all if I don’t promote it. I backlink, I quote, everything except spam…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.