Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Do we really need to change the site design

• # April 2, 2013 at 9:28 am

We are thinking of changing our website design and look. But we still love some elements of our site which we don’t want to change.

Can you guys visit [http://www.raveinfosys.com](http://www.raveinfosys.com “”) and help us know which elements of design can be improved.

# April 2, 2013 at 11:51 am

To be honest, I think the design is fine as it is…but there are things you don’t like by all means change them.

I might try and ease some of the menu functionality..at the moment when I hover..it’s **boom** a sub-menu. Maybe slide it down or fade it in.

Ditto for ‘Featured Work’ “pop-up”.

Just a little less ‘in your face’.

# April 2, 2013 at 12:57 pm

On a side note other than design, the code is a little atrocious.

This page has 23 external Javascript scripts. Try combining them into one.
    This page has 12 external stylesheets. Try combining them into one.
    This page has 42 external background images. Try combining them with CSS sprites.

For example you are loading jQuery 3 times.

# April 2, 2013 at 1:12 pm

^lolz. Yes @scottnix. I’m dealing with something similar right now. Page had 42 external Javascript scripts. _**Oy vey!**_

@RaveInfoSys I think the front end looks great. I second Scott’s idea, find a way to combine those .js’s. I’d pay someone to come in and clean it up … or you could do it yourself, I don’t know your skill set.

# April 3, 2013 at 2:12 am

I like some elements, others I don’t.
    What I like:

-The Colors
    -The Layout
    - Graphics

What I don’t like:
    - I wish the logo was more prominent, just put a white box behind the part that slips down so it’s clearer.
    - IMO, some elements need a little more whitespace in between them to set them apart.
    - Navigation is kind of ‘hidden’, the black does not show up well against the background, -make it white or something so I can see the navigation better.

That’s it. DO NOTE:
    I’m using chrome right now to look at it.

OK, gonna look at it via Firefox. Looks way better. Only critique now is a bit more space between elements. :)

-Gingerbread

# April 25, 2013 at 7:44 am

Thanks everybody.

# April 25, 2013 at 9:11 am

It looks really good. What word press theme is that?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".