Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Do u tweet?

  • .V1
    # July 21, 2008 at 4:30 pm

    I’m asking this question because I’m currently working a new twitter client, which will match my needs and some other to ;)
    So I was wondering, are u using a twitter + client and what is the main reason why u choose that client.. And what u missing in the clients?

    I have seen allot payed clients, and i think thats crap… Making money from a free service makes u look like a dick..

    If u wonder what mine will look like… Here’s a concept image http://3rd-Eden.deviantart.com/art/A-Tw … w-92262486

    Production will start next week when the concepts as been polished and the road map and milestones have been set / targetd :)

    # July 21, 2008 at 11:17 pm

    I use Twitteriffic. I enjoy having a little bird in my menu bar that just pops down recent tweets. It’s not without it’s problems though. The major problem with all these apps is they are at the mercy of the Twitter API which has been spotty for far too long.

    # July 22, 2008 at 3:06 am

    I’ve tried a lot of applications for Twitter, but I found out that the best for me is Thwirl, it’s working fine and also got options to short url’s, send pictures etc.

    .V1
    # July 22, 2008 at 3:13 am
    "chriscoyier" wrote:
    I use Twitteriffic. I enjoy having a little bird in my menu bar that just pops down recent tweets. It’s not without it’s problems though. The major problem with all these apps is they are at the mercy of the Twitter API which has been spotty for far too long.

    That can simply be solved by using a local database that stores tweets when the API is down / not working and and script running in the background that trys to resend the message every 5 min.

    pab
    # July 22, 2008 at 12:04 pm

    I don’t use anything for my tweets, but i will definitely try this out

    are you working on the back end or front end of this project

    looks really interesting and i really like the deign of it.

    .V1
    # July 22, 2008 at 1:25 pm
    "pab" wrote:
    I don’t use anything for my tweets, but i will definitely try this out

    are you working on the back end or front end of this project

    looks really interesting and i really like the deign of it.

    Thanks! Its great to hear u like the design so far. I have been schooled as a developer, learning both sides of the development process. While my true passion is with in the design aspect of applications / web applications my current job is developer. I’m working with allot of big data-structures and data filtering and I’m able to use knowledge that i have gathered and plug it right in to this application.

    I will probably have the final design ready tonight, i hope ;D

    # July 22, 2008 at 9:54 pm

    I use Twitterific on my Mac and the new native app on my iPhone. Works good when Twitter works, which I hope they fix soon. Your design looks nice though. Will this be for both Mac and Win?

    .V1
    # July 23, 2008 at 2:54 am
    "Aaron B" wrote:
    I use Twitterific on my Mac and the new native app on my iPhone. Works good when Twitter works, which I hope they fix soon. Your design looks nice though. Will this be for both Mac and Win?

    mac linux win =]

    box
    # July 23, 2008 at 4:37 am

    I stopped using twitterific (free version) on my mac a while ago – when twitter was having its problems and all I was getting was unhelpful error messages. Since then I’ve been looking for a compact, simple client that just works – and in the mean time I’m back using the web interface. On my iPod I’m using twittelator which I’ve found to be less cumbersome than the iPhone version of twitterific and seems much faster – it also blocks together successive tweets from the same person which makes browsing your recent tweets much easier – a nice little app and I’d be happy with that for my mac too.
    I do like the look of your app V1, and particularly like the reply-box feature, that makes a lot of sense. If you’ve not seen twittelator then give it a try – you might be able to ‘borrow’ some of its layout ideas and make your app the ultimate twitter client :)

    .V1
    # July 23, 2008 at 6:28 am
    "box" wrote:
    I stopped using twitterific (free version) on my mac a while ago – when twitter was having its problems and all I was getting was unhelpful error messages. Since then I’ve been looking for a compact, simple client that just works – and in the mean time I’m back using the web interface. On my iPod I’m using twittelator which I’ve found to be less cumbersome than the iPhone version of twitterific and seems much faster – it also blocks together successive tweets from the same person which makes browsing your recent tweets much easier – a nice little app and I’d be happy with that for my mac too.
    I do like the look of your app V1, and particularly like the reply-box feature, that makes a lot of sense. If you’ve not seen twittelator then give it a try – you might be able to ‘borrow’ some of its layout ideas and make your app the ultimate twitter client :)

    Thanks ill go and check it out after i have hacked my ipod to 2.0

    .V1
    # July 25, 2008 at 3:53 pm

    The final UI has been released.

    http://is.gd/14b7

    And development can begin :D

    # August 8, 2008 at 3:54 pm

    I’ve just installed twhirl as my first twitter app, although I’m not that active on it yet.

    # August 9, 2008 at 4:35 pm

    I’ve used twhirl for a long time too. Now using tweetdeck

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".