Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Display elements by hovering/clicking link … Help!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    JosiahB

I would like it so when the link is hovered over the “hidencontent” is displayed and when the mouse moves off it disappears, and when it is click on “hidencontent” would appear until ANYWHERE on the page is clicked (except for the “hidencontent” div and “morehidencontent” div) …
    here is the code I have but it does not work like I would like … oh and I do have the css code that already has the display to none on the hiden and morehidencontent but is not included …

hover/click over me!

Lots of interesting information … hover/click over me for more information!

Even more interesting information!

zonger

I don’t think you are supposed to “onclick” an ID. It should be some javascript function.

JosiahB

well I know very little javascript and any help on how to accomplish what I was asking would be appreciated … :)

zonger
    JosiahB

that’s sorta what I am looking for but … I would like for the element to TEMPORARILY be displayed when hovered over (it disappears when the link is not being hovered over) and when it is clicked on for it to stay visible until ANYWHERE on the page is clicked (other the the #hidentcontent and #morehidencontent divs) or the link is then clicked again

amoss
    Participant
    JosiahB

I think this is what I am looking for … but I can not seem to get it to work when I write up the html/css … maybe you could just put it in the form that will work right off of my desktop …

Thanks so much for your help so far! :D

amoss
    Participant

What form would that be?

JosiahB

ohh I am sorry I did not communicate that very well … hahaha Let me try again in English … when I copy out the individual sections and insert them into an html file the code does not work right … this is what I did …

hover/click over me for more information!

JosiahB

Okay … this whole markdown thing is not working for me …. soo here is a link to what I am talking about :) http://bible.comze.com/popup.html

amoss
    Participant

I’m seeing a few of these characters ​

​collapsed:hover:after{
    content: “Lots of interesting information!”;
    display: block;
    }

.collapsed2:hover:after{
    content: “Even more interesting information!”;
    }​

should be

.collapsed:hover:after{
    content: “Lots of interesting information!”;
    }

.collapsed2:hover:after{
    content: “Even more interesting information!”;
    }

JosiahB

ok inserted that … but has not seemed to fix anything …

JosiahB

ok sorta got it now … but still have one ​

amoss
    Participant

​

JosiahB

ok … just realized that this is not going to work … I need a very universal code where I can easily add countless popouts all over the place … and not have to use the css to add in content by creating all different kind of div names …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.