Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Difference between Web Designing and UI Designing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Manojnaanak
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

Anyone tell me,

Difference between Web Designing and UI Designing

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think web design is simply designing websites. UI design the look and feel of anything digital.

Manojnaanak
    Participant

not clear..

TheDoc

There is too much overlap between the two to be very *clear*. UI Design is *generally* specific to interfaces used in apps.

chrisburton
    Participant

Think of it as Web Design being a sub-category of UI Design.

Podders
    Participant

My 2 Cents,

Web design is display, graphical look etc,

UI Design is interaction, the way an element will respond when interacted with.

Jonathand_d

Money!

Manojnaanak
    Participant

I think there is no any exact difference between them.

Thanks to give response

kpkreative
    Participant

I personally don’t think a graphic designer should be involved in the process, as it is most likely they don’t have the knowledge if it is capable for some of their designs to work when implementing into the build. A web designer, is a designer who designs specifically for websites and has at least the basic coding knowledge of css, html and javascript for web development.

A UI designer, will decide on key decision making on the functionality of the site and the journey through each page. The web designer may already have this experience under their belt, but with more technical websites with payment journeys, CTAS, sign ups etc, it may require the assistance of an experienced UI designer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.