Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Dialog alert box advice needed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    redrocky

I wish to use a jquery alert box of some sort to inform a user that they have successfully submitted their form (this is because I am using Ajax to submit the form). I would like to have the option of making the dialog alert box disappear after a specified number of seconds, while the user could also click OK to close it.

What would you recommend? I looked at Boxy but noticed a problem with it. If you use the Enter key to submit your forum, which brings up the modal Boxy alert box, if you hit Enter again, the form is submitted again and another Boxy alert box is displayed on top of the previous one. If you then hit the OK button to close that box, the one underneath is displayed but you can’t close it!

What would you recommend using JQuery?

Thanks.

matt6822

I haven’t actually tested this yet but you might want to check out this:

http://malsup.com/jquery/block/

Quote:
    When activated, it will prevent user activity with the page (or part of the page) until it is deactivated.
    Makeshift

With javascript there is the alert() function and the confirm() fucntion..

The alert will simply alert, you click o.k. and you’re done.

The confirm on the other hand lets you set what happens weather they choose o.k. or cancel.

This is an example of that I’m talking about. Hope it helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.