Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Designing for mobile?

• # September 24, 2011 at 12:32 pm

How do i design for mobile? i seems like every time I look at my website on my ipod, and go through the pages, the width changes. and its really weird!

http://attilahajzer.host-ed.net/

id love a screen cast about MOBILE designing.

# September 24, 2011 at 1:24 pm

media queries.

Also, you should get rid of the horizontal overflow, the scrollbar is hideous.

# September 24, 2011 at 2:02 pm

what page? i dont see it.

# September 24, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Check out this website, this will help give you a better understanding.

Responsive Web Design

# September 24, 2011 at 3:14 pm

http://i52.tinypic.com/2rw6iph.png

# September 24, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Got it. i didn’t notice it because ive been so used to it. haha. ill change it now. thanks.

Done. if you go back to the site, you can refresh the page :)

# September 24, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Great. I would also put the ad under your social icons.

# September 24, 2011 at 4:42 pm

theres also a problem now. ive put the ad on the right, under social icons, but now theres a white space GAP under my footer and can’t get rid of it.

# September 24, 2011 at 4:44 pm

i just removed the HEIGHT for my footer, but now its black and a huge hap. of black with nothing there. i can’t fix it and remove that gap.

# September 24, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Seems all out of whack. Your grid system doesn’t look right. Nothing aligns left evenly, nothing aligns right evenly. The spaces between the images on your portfolio page don’t match or maybe there’s too much space.

Just looking at your page tells me you can use 2 page wraps. One for the header and main, the other for the footer.

# September 24, 2011 at 4:51 pm

im not using a gridsystem. i dont know how to use a gridsystem. ive tried learning it. but it just doesn’t make sense.

# September 24, 2011 at 4:55 pm

I’m not referring to 960.gs or anything. Anyway, in your header, the arrow thing should align to the line under it, not stick outside. That tells me something isn’t right.

The menu in your footer also displays outside the wrap.

# September 24, 2011 at 5:02 pm

i figured the header one was because of the :after element. but i dont know. The footer one isn’t out of the grid because its lining up with the Content. which is Padded as well as the nav. the footer.inside has padding.. okay maybe not (just double checked) but it doesn’t seem to exceed the line. maybe there is something seriously wrong. i do hope i can fix it.

couldn’t i just position relative :left a little more and it’ll fix it? or is there more to that then just Position:relative left:more;

# September 24, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Tell you what, if you throw your whole site on jsfiddle, I’ll make it look better.

# September 24, 2011 at 6:27 pm

he has a live page – why in the world put it on jsfiddle?

The arrow navigation can be aligned with the line below it simply by adding a right margin of 25px to #navigation, the footer nav can align with the body content with a 12px left margin (and lose the width), the ad can lose the relative positioning, change width to 234 and apply a top margin of -80px. Done.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".