Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Design Worksheets

• # October 19, 2009 at 8:05 am

Hey there.

Just heard a good point on a podcast im listening too.

When starting a new job give your client a design worksheet that has a structure that you work too.
    This could be something that helps both the creative and the non-creative get on the same page a lot faster than tediously tip toeing around trying to base a design around a few fluffy words, for example:

Quote:
    ‘I want a site that will make people say wow…..’

Not very helpful.

Anyways, if people want to start a list off of the things you should have on a design sheet, then maybe we could collaborate a word/pdf document that will be helpful for any designer:

Ill start:

Who is your target market?[/list:u]
    # October 19, 2009 at 2:53 pm

i always request at least 5 websites that demonstrate what they are looking for and why. I had a client that said she wanted simple and pretty. turned out that meant minimalist and bright.

# October 19, 2009 at 3:29 pm

I usually start by asking why they want a website and what they expect to achieve with it. Never ceases to amaze me how many people just decide they want a site and get straight into colour schemes and fancy graphics without a moments thought as to how to make the site actually help their business.

# October 19, 2009 at 6:45 pm

Maybe ask questions like:

1) What are your top 3 goals, in priority order, for your new (or redesigned) website?

2) If it’s a redesign, ask "What do you like MOST about your current site?" and "What do you like LEAST about it?"

3) Give me the URLs for 3 sites you really like, and tell me why you like them.

4) Give me the URLs for 3 sites you really DON’T like, and tell me why you don’t like them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".