Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Design Suggestions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jdwallace12
    Participant

I am building a statement of interest site to show prospective employers. What should I change? What works?
    View Site

Thanks

Atelierbram
    Participant

Scrolling effects are smart, maybe it can even work out better with some more coherent styling. For example there is a bit of a style-conflict between the photo-realism and the very basic cut-out cloud shapes. I think the top of the gif image at the bottom of the page makes the experience too gloomy, (maybe also doesn’t work that well as a narrative : from almost clear sky to overcast; and the semi dark transparent overlay does’t help either in this aspect). The tree columned centered aligned text could be … I don’t know, might be a personal thing but have you tried a smaller font-size withtext-align: leftor justify without the word-spacing?

jdwallace12
    Participant

Hey Atelierbram,

Thanks for your input, I had similar concerns. I appreciate your feedback

steve.dswtpl
    Participant

Your site looks very beautiful. There are little problem with fonts but overall very nice work.

mreider
    Participant

Overall the site is good. The animations as you scroll seemed a little choppy to me though.

jdwallace12
    Participant

Thanks for your feedback everyone

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.