Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Customizing WordPress Themes comments form

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    danjev

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I’m after a good book or tutorial that will teach me how to customize the WordPress comments form and how the comments are displayed. I’ve searched the internet for help on this and all I’ve found are out of date tutorials or I’m just not getting it. Can anyone help? Thanks!

TheDoc

Styling the comments is as easy as looking at the HTML that WordPress outputs and overriding any default styling it may have with your own CSS.

Brightonmike

Just use your browsers developer tools to identify the selectors used, then re-style in your themes CSS.

It also depends whether you’re using a theme that has it’s own comments markup or whether it uses the “comment_form” tag. If it uses the latter you can use your functions.php to add/edit the fields. You can also edit the “comment_form” tag, for example mine is:

'Comments','comment_notes_before' => '

' . __( 'Your email address will not be published. Name/Email fields are required.' ) . ( $req ? $required_text : '' ) . '

')); ?>

As you can see I’ve edited the notes. Hope this helps.

danjev

Thanks guys all help is much appreciated!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.