Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Customizing WordPress Posts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mkhululi

Hi all,

Please help me with the following problem:

The normal practice is to put all post on the index page. For my design I want to put the 2 or 3 posts on the sidebar and in the end put a link to view all the posts in a different page.

So far, I have moved this code snippet following code snippet from the index.php page:

Code:

id=”post-“>

‘); ?>
    Posted on

View All…

There are no projects to view at the moment

to the sidebar.php page.

Now what I want is to have the posts showing on a new page called ViewAll.php but don’t get to see anything.

What am I missing?

Thanking you in advice.

mkhululi

Anyone?

craigfarrall

Have you created this page template?

mkhululi

here is the url to the page:

http://www.imustsolutions.co.za/sbs/

Please note: this is under development.

Look at the page before reading further…

The idea is to list the last two posts at the bottom of the sidebar with a link to view the rest of the posts in the end – "View All". The link should direct the user to a new page showing all the posts. The page in question is the same template – linked to by "Clients" from the main menu. I have put all the code that normally goes the the index page in it. But I have not put the code there yet. I want to sort out the sidebar first.

Also, I don’t want the posts under the sidebar to change after View All is clicked. Click the link to see the mess I want to prevent.

I hope that I have articulated the problem enough.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

mkhululi

Please help again…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.