Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Custom WP Page

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Shiloah
    Participant

I created a custom home page for my Child WP Theme and included the tag shown here at the top of my custome page.

/*
    Template Name: home-page
    */
    >?

My top navigation consists of Home | About | Blog | and so on..

In the Reading Settings under the Dashboard I have the following settings:
    Front page displays:
    Front page: Home
    Posts page: Blog

Everythin is working ok. When I click the home tab or nav, the custome home page displays, but the only problem I am runing into is when I click on the Blog page menu, the home page is displayed again. Is there any PHP coding that i need to use to get ahround this?

TheDoc

You have an error in the code that you posted. It should be:

/*
    */
    ?>

What template is your blog page supposed to be using? What are the templates you have in your theme’s folder?

Shiloah
    Participant

Thanks for your prompt reply. That error was a typo. The one in my custom template page is
    /*

*/

?>

TheDoc

“What template is your blog page supposed to be using? What are the templates you have in your theme’s folder?”

Shiloah
    Participant

I am only using one template named home-page. This is the only template in my themes folder. The other files are style.css, funchtions.php and header.php which I am using in my child theme folder.

dtrick

I may be a little confused by the semantics here…but Try renaming the home page to frontpage.php and creating a new template for the blog. This may help http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Hierarchy

Shiloah
    Participant

Thanks dtrick. I just renamed my home page template to frontpage.php and everything worked.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.