Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS css/firebug problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    matt25
    Participant

In firebug I was making some alterations to make the page fit together better and it got it looking good so I made changes in the CSS file the same as on firebug; When I uploaded the CSS file onto the server and refreshed the page it shows one of the updates but not the other( a background element;is it called the element? I dunno) so I get the background image missing in the page. no matter how many times i refresh the page or re upload the file it still has the same problem; in firebug it doesn’t show the element, yet if I write it in then it works fine. What could be causing this?

Jonz

Disable the extention and tell me if it works. I’m goin out now to a meeting so I’ll be back in a few hours and check up
    Good Luck ^^

matt25
    Participant

no disabling firebug didn’t work, the page as the same problem in IE aswell, I haven’t testes safari etc… yet

Jonz

Hmm i’m not sure then. The coding was either not copied correctly or done correctly. I guess u’d have to do it over
    Srry I couldn’t be more helpful

mrfamous21

ok i downloaded the firebug, but whenever i am trying to inspect a certain line on my website to see the code etc. nothing is being displayed. could you please help me solve this??

what’s the link to your site? If you are looking for a specific bit of code and it isn’t showing up, what’s the chance that it didn’t upload correctly or uploaded to the wrong location, and it isn’t actually in your site?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.