Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

css/firebug problem

• # November 6, 2008 at 7:30 pm

In firebug I was making some alterations to make the page fit together better and it got it looking good so I made changes in the CSS file the same as on firebug; When I uploaded the CSS file onto the server and refreshed the page it shows one of the updates but not the other( a background element;is it called the element? I dunno) so I get the background image missing in the page. no matter how many times i refresh the page or re upload the file it still has the same problem; in firebug it doesn’t show the element, yet if I write it in then it works fine. What could be causing this?

# November 6, 2008 at 7:48 pm

Disable the extention and tell me if it works. I’m goin out now to a meeting so I’ll be back in a few hours and check up
    Good Luck ^^

# November 6, 2008 at 7:59 pm

no disabling firebug didn’t work, the page as the same problem in IE aswell, I haven’t testes safari etc… yet

# November 6, 2008 at 11:29 pm

Hmm i’m not sure then. The coding was either not copied correctly or done correctly. I guess u’d have to do it over
    Srry I couldn’t be more helpful

# November 12, 2008 at 4:43 pm
    "matt25" wrote:
    In firebug I was making some alterations to make the page fit together better and it got it looking good so I made changes in the CSS file the same as on firebug; When I uploaded the CSS file onto the server and refreshed the page it shows one of the updates but not the other( a background element;is it called the element? I dunno) so I get the background image missing in the page. no matter how many times i refresh the page or re upload the file it still has the same problem; in firebug it doesn’t show the element, yet if I write it in then it works fine. What could be causing this?

Check the path to the background image? That’s the only thing I can think of.

# January 17, 2009 at 11:49 pm

ok i downloaded the firebug, but whenever i am trying to inspect a certain line on my website to see the code etc. nothing is being displayed. could you please help me solve this??

# January 18, 2009 at 2:46 am

what’s the link to your site? If you are looking for a specific bit of code and it isn’t showing up, what’s the chance that it didn’t upload correctly or uploaded to the wrong location, and it isn’t actually in your site?

# January 18, 2009 at 4:21 am

has any absolute paths changed to relative paths?

but as falken said, we need code.

ik

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".