Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Css3 animation time delayed restarts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    switchfire

Hello everyone, I’ve been searching high and low for an answer and I was hoping you guys can help.

There’s alot about restarting css3 animations, the problem I’ve come across is that they all seem to be onclick/ hover ect.

I was hoping someone could help me on this, I wanted to restart an animation using jQuerry/ Javascript once a set time has past.

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

Remove and add a class. Easy peasy.

CrocoDillon
    Participant

You can probably do that with CSS itself with the `animation-delay` property (see http://www.css3files.com/animation/), else read this http://www.css3files.com/animation/, but put it in a `setTimeout` callback instead of an event listener.

If you specify what it is exactly you’re after :P

CrocoDillon
    Participant

> Remove and add a class. Easy peasy.

Only if you put a delay or something that triggers some magic shizzle in between it :P

Paulie_D

>Remove and add a class. Easy peasy.

AFAIK, that won’t stop an animation in mid-stream and it will only re-start one from the beginning.

It sounds to me as though a “pause” option is required, in which case it would make more sense (I think) to do the whole animation in JQ/JS.

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

Then you could change the `animation-state` to pause, then remove the class, then add it back whenever you want. I think it will reset the animation.

Paulie_D

Ooh..hadn’t heard of `animation-state`.

I ‘ll have to look into that one.

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

Easy enough: it’s either `running` or `paused`.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.