Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other CSS Validation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    al_m473
    Participant

why do the Mozilla /Firefox HTML tags not validate?

example: "overflow: -moz-scrollbars-vertical;"

Al

chris

What exactly is CSS Validation. The way I understand it, is that it scans the code in your web site to make sure that it is coded correctly. Does this mean that if it "is valid" it will work properly with all browsers? Please help me understand the reasoning behind it. Should I worry if my sites have errors?

TheDoc
    "chris" wrote:
    What exactly is CSS Validation. The way I understand it, is that it scans the code in your web site to make sure that it is coded correctly. Does this mean that if it "is valid" it will work properly with all browsers? Please help me understand the reasoning behind it. Should I worry if my sites have errors?

CSS Validation is a tricky one. Technically, you should worry if your CSS files have errors.

(Quick note: CSS Validation is VERY different from the "regular" Validation that you hear about which has to do with HTML; HTML Validation is far more important and can help fix problems)

CSS Errors. There shouldn’t be any unless you’ve intentionally put them in (eg, ie6 hacks). If you haven’t done anything like that and you’re getting errors, you need to sort those out, but at the end of the day they probably won’t break the page.

chris

Okay, so does it matter which validation tool you use? I checked a page on the W3C Validator and it came up with several "errors" that the jigsaw validator did not. They both say w3c at the top so I would assume that these are the same tools but on different sites.

Also my site was validating until I used the pseudo-class ::selection ; ::-moz-selction class. Then it said (on jigsaw) that these were the only two errors. What’s up with that. I thought these were valid.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.