Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other CSS-Tricks Forum Banner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jamygolden

Since day one I’ve been looking at the banner and the pattern I spotted was someone listening/speaking to one person, and then that same person speaks to another person.

This is true for everyone except 1 character: The red-haired young guy. The old woman speaks to the guy with the cap and then speaks to the back of the young kids head.
    http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4363/forumbannerl.jpg

What do you guys think the significance of this character is? Is it representing children not listening to their elders? Or do you think it was just a mistake?

My OCD side is really killing me – I think about this pretty much every day.

CrocoDillon
    Participant

Did you notice they start to talk if you slowly resize the window? Rather creepy!

Paulie_D

Just the way the banner repeats:

https://css-tricks.com/wp-content/themes/CSS-Tricks-10/images/header-forums-3.png

…and yes, a mistake.

:)

budha210

OCD at its finest! lol If I were the illustrator, I would go with the kids not listening line. Genius!

Paulie_D

>If I were the illustrator

I would go with the 3 wise monkeys….or the infinite monkeys on infinite keyboards eventually coding the perfect website!

:)

budha210

haha! I would love to see infinite monkeys on infinite keyboards!

theacefes

Eh…I wouldn’t say they look like they are talking to each other. It looks more like they are all giving each other “Eh Eh?” looks, lol.

gogglepudding
    Participant

Ok, CrocoDillon pointed out the real interesting aspect of this banner. It appears as though the banner changes via media queries alone. How would one accomplish this without manually writing in all of that CSS? Use SASS or something similar?

The growing and shrinking beard is the best :)

Paulie_D

I think there was some JS involved.

The is a video on it in the Lodge.

croydon86
    Participant

No JS, just a LOT of media queries, breakpoint every 5-10 pixels or so, clever effect!

rrwebdesign
    Participant

Simple, if I size my browser around 1130px then the red haired boy is the first on the left and starting the conversation/rumor… then it’s just looping.

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

> What do you guys think the significance of this character is? Is it representing children not listening to their elders? Or do you think it was just a mistake?

Gingers are not loved.

Sorry. :D

CrocoDillon
    Participant

> I’m not sure what it is but it is probably a mistake

You must be great on parties :P

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.