Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS css to change whole site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jbope
    Participant

I am new to CSS so here goes with what I am sure is a stupid question. I really like the way css replaces tables as a layout mechanism. I also would like to have all or most of the pages on my site reference the same style sheet so that site wide changes would be easy. When I go through the steps of buiding each page though, it seems I need css to help align page specific images. Which means that each page will need its own unique css markup. I would then be back to changing every page when a menu item changes. Can somebody explain how to do this better. Thank you so much in advance.

Nodster

NO such thing as a stupid question…..

I assume that all your page layouts are similar..

do you know how to link to a style sheet?

if not the code for it is:

Code:

this gets placed in the head section (before the <body> tag)

Look at the videos that Chris has created, they will give you a lot of visual help. Also look at the W3schools site for help. Finally get a good book, or if you don’t want to splash out the cash i would recommend http://reference.sitepoint.com/css

jbope
    Participant

I am linking to an external style sheet. It has all the basic layout markup in it. But since it has to tell each individual page what to do I still have to have lots of style sheets. At least that is what I think I have to do. Obviously I am missing something.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.