Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS Sprite working wierd in IE on an element

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TXComputerGuy
    Participant

Hey all, having a small CSS issue I can’t figure out. I’m redesigning a website I made last year for my daughter’s school cheerleading squads.

I have a php page that queries a database, and counts the number of images in each cheerleader gallery (varsity, jv, and freshman), for each school year since I’ve had the site up. It then builds a div for the school year, then another div for each squad. I’ve built custom background images for each one, and have them in my CSS stylesheet for the gallery page. I have the CSS rules set up to switch background position when hovering over the link in the individual gallery divs. Works great in Firefox. Has a wierd offset in IE7 (and probably 6) though.

The page can be seen at http://www.legacycheerleading.com/revamp/gallery.php

If anyone sees anything obvious, I’d appreciate a little guidance on how to correct this issue :)

Thanks!

Bryan

TXComputerGuy
    Participant

Nevermind, I found an answer through reading some of the other posts in this forum.

I was using a margin-top: 146px; to position my h3 tag in the div. I took that off, added a position:relative, and a top:146px; to the css.

Thanks to Robskiwarrior for providing that detail to several others, that helped a lot!

– Bryan

Rob MacKay
    Participant

ahh Awesome :) Glad I could be of help lol

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.