Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS NEWBIE HELP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    infomatrix

hello everyone well i just started a blog and im trying to add some social buttons…the problem is i dont know were to begin cuztimizing my new buttons…i tried WPSocialite plug in and the Socialize plug in for wordpress..both work great, i love wpsocialite personally but i dont know were to begin custimizing their positions…im using headway themes and theres a tab were you can add your custom css……or it would be better if i edit the plugins css file?……thank you for your time gentlemen..

HemZone

If possible then could you please share your blog link? so we can help you easily.. :)

Thanks
    Hem

infomatrix

hey hemzone sure Link

infomatrix

oh so sorry heres the [link](http://gamertribune.com “link”)

infomatrix

i am trying to put the twitter counter and facebook like counter in a vertical fashion on the left of the post…but i dont know the css code for it…it could be as easy as a float left but i wouldnt know how to go about it…if anyone could reply that would be great..thank you.

lothsun
    Participant

Putting the custom css in the plugins css file is never a good idea. When you update the plugin, you will have to re-insert the css into the plugin again. I would put it in your theme’s custom css tab and mark each variable with the !important tag.

infomatrix

i was editing the css but i cant get it how i want it….i got it to display vertically but i cant get it to display far left, next to the featured image…i would appreciate a reply thank you..

Senff
    Participant

Try adding this to your CSS:

.entry-content .wpsocialite.small {
    padding:0;
    margin:0;
    }

infomatrix

yeah that should of worked…i actually got it working with
    padding-left, and margin-left on another site for the same buddy im doing this for..
    theres something wrong with the theme on this site…thank you guys..till next time..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.