Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

CSS Frameworks

• # July 18, 2008 at 6:03 pm

Hello everybody,

This week and next week I am on holiday, so I am not so active on the forums as normally, but I got internet so I’ll do my best to follow most of the discussions here.

Having that said, I would like to throw in a new discussion (for as far as I know, this discussion wasn’t pointed here before): what do you think of CSS Frameworks? There are a lot of bloggers recently writing about it, but I don’t see the point of those frameworks yet. I don’t like to use a framework of someone else, I prefer building everything by myself. What do you think about it?

# July 18, 2008 at 7:01 pm

Building your own CSS frameworks is almost always to prefer, as they’ll not include styles that won’t be used. Personally I like to have full controll over each CSS, as it feels "safer", if you know what I mean…

.V1
    # July 19, 2008 at 5:20 am

frameworks are the most in effecient way of building websites, u see it in javascript frameworks , serverside frameworks and even css frameworks. They all include data u dont need.

# July 19, 2008 at 12:09 pm

I’m half and half here on frameworks. For CSS? No thanks. CSS is about design. However, if there is a sort of animation I want, I’ll use a JS framework, because, well, I don’t know JS very well. I’ve only been in designing for a few months, but I spend a few hours everyday of my free time (i have another full time job) teaching myself everything I need to know. Even accounting software(come on clients!). So, once I get around to learning Javascript, that’ll be awesome. Just right now, I’m not there yet. I am proudly on HTML, CSS and Photoshop though! =)

Just my 2 cents. :ugeek:

# July 20, 2008 at 8:25 am
    "koewnet" wrote:
    Personally I like to have full controll over each CSS, as it feels "safer", if you know what I mean…

I know excactly what you mean, and that’s for me also the reason to use my own code. Then I know where things are for and there is less change on useless code.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".