Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

CSS Frameworks suggestions?

• # September 9, 2008 at 10:34 pm

Hey Guys;

I’m a newbie in the CSS World, for awhile I have been watching Chris’s screencast ( Thanks Chris I have learn a lot from them ) like a said I’m new at it and not every semantic about it. Until I learn more CSS, I was wonder anyone can suggest any CSS Framework good for me to help in keeping the style sheet organize or should I stay away from them. I’ll just what to learn how to build CSS site the proper way.

Thanks

# September 10, 2008 at 2:34 pm

Everyone has their own style to coding css. I have seen the rules in block form and I have seen them in inline styles. Like this

#wrapper
    {
    width: 900px;
    height: 600px;

}

and inline looks like this

#wrapper { width: 900px; height: 600px; }

I am leaning towards the inline style nowadays and i try to organize my file so that the top of the css file would be header, the middle would be content and the bottom would be footer. You then can use css comments to seperate the code and leave yourself little messages telling yourself what block of code does what. Maybe you can also just visit some sites and view the source of the site and take a look at how they have organized their file.

# September 21, 2008 at 5:28 am

I often use this blank css template

# September 21, 2008 at 10:27 am

Thanks Edwin

But the link is broken.

# September 21, 2008 at 11:26 am

The link is not broken, tutorialblog has some problems I guess ;)

# March 29, 2013 at 8:47 am

I have recently started exploring CSS frameworks such as Foundation and Bootstrap. And as a novice I have a number of pretty basic questions regarding best practices while using css frameworks. One of them is…

Should I *modify the default styles* of the framework to achieve the look-n-feel that I need or *override them* with my own separate style sheet?

# March 29, 2013 at 11:14 am

That’s one kickass bump :P

I don’t use css frameworks. But I do use normalize.css and modify it to my needs (integrate it in my own stylesheet), because overriding feels like wasting bandwidth, simply said.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".