Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS Editing On The Fly

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    NinaMorena

So far I’ve learned a ton and made designing a lot easier using Firebug for FF2/FF3. I recently went over a few pages in my portfolio and found where CSS can remove tables and I made changes on the fly using Firebug. I ran into an issue with the ever so irritating IE 7. Are there any programs remotely similar to Firebug that I can use to edit IE without a huge learning curve?

For example:

http://www.fusicology.com/index/homepage/index_v2a.cfm

Looks great in FF. But some positioning in my IE 7 CSS has this way off in my content div. Yet I cannot figure out for the life of me which one it is. Which is why I am looking for a good IE on the fly editor without the huge learning curve.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

CSS NuB

Nina

gheidorn

I’ve never used it but Internet Explorer Tools is supposed to be the IE version of Firebug.

NinaMorena

Thanks for the tips guys! I ended up using the IE developer toolbar. It isn’t as snazzy as Firebug but it helped me solve my problem. I ended up making that div content-holder background transparent and it did the trick.

NinaMorena

I’m not sure where to start with this due my weakness in the DOCTYPE area. I usually would let Dreamweaver decide the validation. Any suggestions for a Cold Fusion/CSS page?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.