Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS bg issues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    unseendark

Hi guys,

I have an issue with a website I’m currently building and I wondered if I could get some help with the CSS.

you can find the shell of the template here:
    http://www.guardiancomics.com/straycats/

The two problems I’m having are as listed:

1.) When I resize my browser window, or view the website on a laptop, the backgrounds begin to cut off. I’m unsure what that is about.
    I have body, html {height:100%;} and each parent div with height:100%

2.) I’m using the feature content slider that Chris made, however for some reason on versions of IE, it asks me to allow the activex content before it will format the div’s correctly. I’d like the page to load properly without having to do any confirmations. Strangely, chris’s demo files don’t ask me for the popup.

Any help on this would be great!
    I appreciate it.

–Paul Spencer

unseendark

Sorry, I should have mentioned, it’s the height, not the width. I have min-height:100%; in my bg containing divs. No help.

It’s only when you view it on a smaller monitor. Or if you resize your browser window.

unseendark

Hey cybershot,

That helps, but has other unwanted results.
    For example in attached picture you see that by making the overflow hidden the scroll bar vanishes.
    I have two bg wraps in this design. One for the black gradient at the top of the page and the other for the promotional background that sites to the side of the content (fancywrap).

Would it help if I supplied the css? I just assumed you’d firebug it.

unseendark

Hi Cybershot,

I created a new page without any of the elements and just the divs and stylesheet for debugging.
    Please find it attached.

I appreciate the help

unseendark

Sorry Cybershot,

I made those changes but I still get the same issue.
    Do you see what I mean?

I don’t get it. The page looks perfectly fine, until you make the browser window smaller and scroll down.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.