Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS background images, for Retina displays

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    grimski
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve been working on a few responsive sites lately and I’m really getting the hang of it. One thing I haven’t done yet is images for retina displays. So I’d be interested on getting peoples thoughts & methods/practices for this.

I have a real eye for detail & find it hard to just go, “_That’ll do_”, so when I look at the site I’ve just done on a new iphone and the css background images are a bit blurry because they’re 72dpi, I just can’t be satisfied with my work!

Currently, if I wanted to resolve this on the site I’ve just done, I’m guessing I’d have to go back to photoshop and create all the graphics from scratch, which is a bit of a ball ache (since some of them aren’t vector)! Then use a media query to call this in on retina devices – _But I guess theres nothing I can do about that, right?_

So what are peoples views on how you should manage this when starting the build of a responsive site?

Cheers, looking forward to hearing your opinions!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.