Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Critiques please !

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    amyth91
    Participant

a personal portfolio ! please need critiques , need to make it better ! blog still Under construction ! Using css3 filters, so chrome would be the best to view it !

thanks !

chrisburton
    Participant

I would remove the texture on the background and add a little more shades of color with what you have now. I would also work on the text type – try something different to compliment the design.

Your services section could be condensed. Your PSD to ? could all be one section. HTML5 and CSS3 kind of goes with the web design. I would completely remove “cheap and affordable”. That makes you seem unprofessional. If it were me, I would have 3 blocks. Web Design, Logo Design and PSD to ?.

With the gallery of your portfolio and the cat thing, I think it would look better if you tried a different hover approach. I prefer that it shows the color right off the start.

Your form would look better if it were aligned to the grid on the left. With the other section, I wouldn’t make the text align to center but rather left. I would also align the icons and text to the left as well so it all matches up with the map.

Hope to see what you come up with. Best of luck.

theacefes

I don’t know, I think I’d keep the HTML5/CSS3 stuff around. They are still fairly new skills and clients might be interested particularly in the HTML5 stuff. It might be nice to know he can do, say, a video player that works on an iPad or something.

chrisburton
    Participant

@theacefes HTML5 and CSS3 should be standard practices at this point. There’s no reason not to use it.

theacefes

@ChristopherBurton Oh, I agree with you. I’m just saying that it could be beneficial from a marketing perspective. :)

supperman
    Participant

Very creative site. Only one thing i dont like, and that snaped right in to my eyes, is the fact that you used different images-icons for services. Different in a sense that they have very little in common in style. For instance: “volunteer support” is a flat image with brick-like colors. But “web design” image-icon has very bright Fluorescent colors in and is also drawn in 3D. This gives unprofessional feel to the site. Sugestion: make icons of your own. If you decide to stick with this images, find some other icon for e-commerce. That guy is used so much around the web that, for me at least, connotates unoriginality.

Jeager

I like the overall design, but i would say keep the texture. However I do have two issues: your work should be the top most element. It is who you are, and should be one of the first things seen. The second issue is, I like the hover over effect, but it hides your design’s when you hover, which is something I don’t think should happen.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.