Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Critique my portfolio site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Daly-85

Hi everyone,

Long time reader of CSS-Tricks but never registered for the forum until today. Thought I would share my portfolio site for everyone to critique. I launched this version a few months back and would be interested to hear your opinions. I’ve checked it out on my test pc and imac loads of times but if any problems occur let me know, cheers!

http://www.pauldalydesign.co.uk/

Thanks again
    Paul

Rob MacKay
    Participant

excellent – really like it dude :) the jQuery just finishes it all off brilliantly

Daly-85

Cheers man! Means a lot.

keithdevon

I really like this site. The jQuery features are a really nice touch.

My main criticism is that the iMac slider has been done loads, I’m sure you can think of something a bit more original. The other thing is that there isn’t a page for the different projects explaining your role in their creation. An "Inner-page" for each project would be useful.

Best of luck!

Daly-85

Cheers for your thoughts. I know what you mean with the iMac, when I built the site originally it was because I was between projects at work so never gave too much creative thought – was just started as a mess about really. Also about the ‘inner detail’ pages totally agree with you and if I get a chance I’m going to revise the site in the next couple of months possibly add in some more detail to each project. Possibly in a ‘lightbox/thickbox etc style’ similar to what I did for the company I work fors work section http://www.grp5.com, check it out if you’ve time.

Cheers again
    Paul

More thoughts welcome! always good to hear another perspective.

poni02

Awesome, really like the design. Simple and to the point.

artcoregfx
    Participant

hats off bro. i really dig your site. and your work as well…
    keep up the great work.

Daly-85

Cheers for all the positive feedback! Much appreciated!

I would agree with keithdevon… your work is really good and I’m left with wanting to know more about it. What went into the project, who was involved, what was your process in meeting whatever challenges you were met with, etc., etc…

Other than that, the site looks really good… great job!

Brussells

Nice folio site with some nice touches. Your other work’s really nice too. As others have mentioned, some more detail on the work you did on each site would be great….maybe a page for each detailing what tools u used, your involvement etc.

One other little thing……your ‘at the moment’ section…..spelling mistake :oops:

"the oppurtunity to work"

"the opportunity to work"
    :D

Daly-85

Cheers for all the comments people.. very appreciated! taking everything you’re saying on board.

xheathen I don’t know why I made the header image replacement so decided to change that last night, cheers! Just plain old text now.

Brussells cheers for the heads-up on the spelling mistake. Spelling has never been a strong point!

Most of you have been suggesting I have a detail page highlighting my role which is something I’ll keep in mind when I find time to revise the site.

Cheers again!

AshtonSanders
    Participant

I’ll throw my thumbs up into the mix. It really is a simple and nice site.

I like the inner shading you added to the images. I don’t know why, but it looks great. *pinched*

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.