Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Critique my portfolio site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Zachcos
    Participant

Hey all,

Just updated my design portfolio site and would love some input.

Built with HTML, CSS, and a few cool jQuery plugins:

My Site

Thanks for the input!

-Zachcos

deeve007
    Participant

Looks great. But I do think you need to keep some basic usability fundamentals in mind even when aiming for “cool”. A user landing on your home page should know instantly how to contact you, you need some sort of link/icon that makes that obvious.

Zachcos
    Participant

Atelierbram – I would love to have the portfolio pictures slide within the monitor-frame, but in all honesty, I wasn’t sure how to achieve this effect, and I needed to get a new portfolio site live ASAP. My old was HORRIBLE and no one wants a design from someone who doesn’t even take pride in their own portfolio site ;)

deeve007 – I completely agree. I’m going to add a link straight to my email that is fixed and will stay visible from any page. Thanks for the feedback!

-Zachcos

Robby
    Participant

The design is pretty awesome, I don’t like the weird section-scrolling stuff, that’s just me. Also I have a relatively large resolution (1980x1080px) there’s white spaces when full screen.

Overall its pretty dope, good work!

cscodismith
    Participant

Wow, Zachcos although I may not be farther experienced then some other developers I don know a good amount of coding throughout my years working with PHP, CSS, HTML, and some other language(s) I can say that this portfolio is very clean and I believe you defiantly achieved your goal in making it a very clean design with good typography as your site says.

I have been thinking about making a webpage as a freelance web developer and graphic designer as well and this piece finally put me up to it and getting started with it. Thanks for the inspiration and I hope that all goes well with you and your freelance work.

Best regards,
    Codi

shaneisme
    Participant

My only gripe is that the site is completely useless with JS disabled.

Jimmy
    Participant

Not a big fan of the scroll. I LOVE the “Get in touch” page with the NYC background, i feel like I have been staring at it for a few minutes now.

Zachcos
    Participant

Robby – Looks like I need to get some higher-res images!

cscodismith – Thanks for the input! Getting started is the hardest part in my opinion, but once you’re started you’ll be on the track to a final result in no time.

shaneisme – I agree. I need to find a fallback, but I honestly don’t even know where to begin with that… :-(

Sino – Thanks for the feedback! I have to admit, I wasn’t super big on the fullpage scroll idea either, but when I was just playing around with the javascript library that allowed me to do fullscreen, I started testing it using my portfolio and it just kind of worked. And that photo of NYC on the contact page is beautiful – props to the photographer who actually took it

Thanks all!

-Zachcos

shaneisme
    Participant

Actually it has nothing to do with people who disable Javascript really. But instead people where something goes wrong… where they have really slow connections… and any other situation you can’t think of.

Especially if it’s your portfolio website… it counts.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.