Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Critique my blog design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andrei
    Participant

Hello guys I’m not sure if I can post photoshop work here too. If i cant please lock/delete this. I’ve just finished a new photoshop design and I’d like some rating for it. And some advices about back end coding it. I’m a newbie when it comes to coding. I know the basics and fundamentals of valid CSS and XHTML just that I never completed coding a website. So I ask you guys to be helped with advices and tips.I’m not patient enough to code :oops: . Thank you in advance! Here is the preview :
    [img]http://up2share.com/file/wyda5uwfx_grunge%20blog.png[/img]

i think that the site is looking good. but the header is kinda blank. The background colors really clash with the main content area. If you got the header and colors a little lighter maybe blue? That would be a really sick theme.

friendofpugs

Hi!

Well, there’s not a lot to go on from the image. Here’s my take – the header is too dark, and the logo too commonplace. There’s too much contrast between the header/body and the main content area. It might help to lighten things up. Plus the wrapping sub-header treatment is a bit overdone.

I’d strongly recommend that you post an actual web page for us to critique – an image only goes so far.

Cheers!

Andrei
    Participant

Hey guys thanks for the revisions thus far. I will try to listen your suggestions as much as I can.

@friendofpugs
    – I do not have a web page for this yet. It’s photoshop file only as I stated in my post. When I’ll have one sure I will :).

But that’s the main quetsion what would you recommend to help me code it easier for wordpress. I’m still a newbie at this. I need a CSS/Wordpress Jedi Master advices :D!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.